Robin received an Honours Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Liverpool in 1982. After serving his articles, he was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 1985. He worked in general practice and was a partner in a small firm in Newcastle before migrating to Australia.
Robin started working for Michael Paterson & Associates in July 2001 as a clerk pending completion of university studies to allow him to seek admission as a solicitor and barrister in Western Australia. Robin was admitted as a lawyer in Western Australia in December 2002.
Robin predominantly works in the following practice areas:
- Wills, Estate Planning, and Discretionary Testamentary Trusts
- Partnership, Shareholder & Unit Holder Agreements
- Terms of Trade
- Commercial Lease – leases, agreements to lease, assignments, extensions, and variations
- Advice and Documents for Franchisors
- Buy/Sell Contracts – business, plant, equipment, other assets
- Probate, Letters of Administration, and Winding Up Estates
- Enduring Powers of Attorney and/or Guardianship
- Trust Deeds/Variations
- Information-technology and intellectual-property-related documents, advice, and applications
Robin enjoys watching football, rugby, and cricket. He currently volunteers as a judiciary member for Football West and Junior Rugby WA.
firstname.lastname@example.org NB: For the purpose of the Schedule 2, paragraph 4(d) of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), this e-mail address is only published for the purpose of people making enquiries about Robin’s services, or otherwise dealing with Robin on a professional basis. He categorically DOES NOT want to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages at this electronic address.