No Messy Mergers or Awkward Acquisitions
At Michael Paterson & Associates, we understand how complex and time-consuming buying, selling, and merging can be. We take the worry out of the process by simplifying the paperwork and helping you over the hurdles and around the obstacles.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Whether you are buying or selling a business, commercial real estate, or plant and equipment, or merging businesses, you will need the right commercial documentation to protect your interests appropriately.
We represent both retail and commercial enterprises, and can help you to:
- Acquire, sell, or merge businesses.
- Prepare your tailored business sale agreement.
- Acquire and sell plant, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Review your sale agreement for key details and compile checklists in relation to pre-conditions and other key terms.
- Obtain business and company details from ASIC and carry out bankruptcy searches and credit checks.
- Transfer employees and make provision for long service leave contingencies.
- Prepare and lodge the necessary documents for transfer of title (excluding land).
- Calculate any transfer duty and lodge the sale agreement with the Office of State Revenue for duties assessment.
- Prepare settlement statements.
- Set up holding companies to own the assets, and separate trading companies to carry on the business and take all the risks.
We can also help you to set up:
- Loan agreements, with security documents giving security over the buying company’s assets and land, if you are selling on vendor finance.
- Personal Property Security Registration to protect assets.
- Memoranda of Understanding.
- Discretionary and Unit Trusts to allow income to be distributed tax-effectively.
- Shareholder, Unit Holder, and Partnership Agreements.
Let us help you to navigate your way through mergers, sales, and acquisitions. Contact our team now for advice on (08) 9443 5383 or complete the contact form below. We look forward to being of assistance to you.