As well as being a solicitor, Michael Paterson is also a software developer and is actively involved in both the legal and computer industries. He has dual qualifications in both disciplines: Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) Bachelor of Laws (Hons.) from A.N.U. (1982-1986).
With his knowledge and practical experience in the computer industry, Michael has developed a niche practice area in computer, technology, and intellectual property law. In addition, he regularly presents seminars on computer-related legal issues to various industry and professional bodies and gives guest lectures at Curtin University and Edith Cowan University.
Michael predominantly works in the following practice areas:
- Notarial Work
- Wills, Estate Planning, and Discretionary Testamentary Trusts
- Deceased Estate Dispute
- Information-technology- and intellectual-property-related documents, advice, and disputes
- Mediated dispute resolution
- Business agreements, advice, and disputes
- Building and construction matters, advice, and disputes
To stay sane, he likes doing Sudoku* and Kakuro puzzles, going to the footy, relaxing on the beach, playing online Scrabble games with friends, running around for the kids’ (by his first marriage) sporting activities. Another achievement is still staying married to his first wife, since 1999.
* Michael also likes working and playing with spreadsheets. Click here for a helpful Sudoku spreadsheet. There are macros associated with the buttons, so you need to enable the macros. Put in the numbers, view all the cells and you will get hints. Add the large numbers as required and delete small numbers if you eliminate them as possibilities. If you do not understand the hints, you might need to do more homework on Sudoku number theory. Send Michael an e-mail if you get stuck. 🙂
email@example.com NB: For the purpose of the Schedule 2, paragraph 4(d) of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), this e-mail address is only published for the purpose of people making inquiries about Michael’s services, or otherwise dealing with Michael on a professional basis. He categorically DOES NOT want to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages at this electronic address.