We are working on a set of documents for a proposed development:
- A trust deed making it clear that the trustees are purchasing the land on trust for the beneficiaries, one of whom will own one strata unit and the other the rest;
- The wording for the contract of sale;
- Loan agreement from the mother/mother-in-law who is providing funding;
- Charges over real and personal property to secure the obligations under the loan;
- Plus some new wills and enduring powers of attorney.
We also had a Federal Policeman attend the office with a search warrant and a UK Policeman by the name of Constable Care!
It seems that UK resident for whom we prepared a will in 2008 has been claiming benefits in the UK while owning undeclared property in Australia. We were not prepared to disclose any information to the Police without the warrant.Tags: charges over real and personal property, contract of sale, enduring power of attorney, epa, estate planning, lawyers, loan agreement, Osborne Park, Perth, solicitors, trustee purchasing land, UK will, wills